Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Materials list



The Vise is here and I'm ready to go. Well almost, It seems I've purchased a camera without a good "macro" setting . While I wait for my new camera ,take a look at the vise,great value and a fantastic tool. Well Done Peak!!
I also have the list of what you'll need to tie the Pink Matuka Spey;


Hook,#3/0 Partridge CS10/1(or equivelant)


Thread, 6/0 uni thread Pink or red


Tag, Silver flat mylar #12


Rib, Oval Tinsel x-strong medium


Body, Micro Chenille White


Wing, Magnum Rabbit Strip (cut to a point to tie in)


Collar, Large Cactus Chenille Pink


Hackle, Pink Saddle hackle (to be wrapper in front of collar)


Hackle#2 White Burnt spey(soaked in hot water,strip one side,tie in at tip of feather)


Over hackle, Pink mallard flank (strip one side tie tip first)


It's a long list,but I've taken 10 years to get this fly perfect. In various colors (Black, Purple, White and Olive) this fly produces on every River I've fish.


The Pink Matuka spey can be a tricky fly to tie first time,so be paitent and take your time.


It can also be tied in smaller sizes,the 3/0 is what the size I fish with the two hander and a heavy tip.
Thanks
Ken

No comments: