Friday, November 16, 2007

Fishing report? Oct 25- Nov 17 2007

Well, after 18 cancellations and still no real rain we are struggling. I refuse to take anyone out if the fish are not in good catch able numbers.
I spent a few hours looking for fish on the Saugeen this week. I have never seen the river in this condition this late in the year. The water is gin clear and cold at 38 degrees, some sections have good flow, and with any luck the rain in the forecast next week will bring the levels up. The ground is saturated so any rain should be running into the rivers.
I will again be at Bass Pro,The White River fly shop next Wednesday, I'll be tying more steelhead patterns. I will also be tying some leaders that I use for both swinging and indicator fishing.
With this years poor fall conditions, a good gift idea for the spring is a drift boat trip for steelhead. I'm sure with the weather patterns I've kept over the years this bad fall will make for a great spring season. Keep that in mind when you are suggesting Christmas gift ideas to your loved ones.
Thanks for checking back, I'll be looking forward to posting some more photo's when the rivers come up.
Tight lines
Ken

No comments: