Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fishing Report Sept 11 - Oct 11 2007

Now that Trout season has closed,and steelhead season is at our door, I want to thank all that booked with Ken Chandler fly fishing adventures. It was truly a difficult , strange,but rewarding trout season.

It seems with the rain we've received the last few days, only a very small amount of it actually has hit the rivers. With two days on the Notty and only a few fish to show for it,temps still in the mid 60's, and rising water levels and colour it should be very soon for that river. Some fish are hitting dark spey flies on the swing, most are coming on peach egg patterns. All fish are being caught in fast water, and not fighting like they should due to the warm temps.
I stopped by The Beaver and bighead to have a look....at what!! Man they are still very low and warm. Not a normal fall by any standards, anyone have a good rain dance ??
The Forecast for the next few days will bring the night time air temps way down to single digits.
It's a start, but rain will be the big factor.

For anyone that is interested, I will be at Bass Pro Shops every third Wednesday on the Month.
I'll be In the White River fly Shop tying some of my best producing fly patterns and giving seminars on how I fish for Ontario's warm and cold water fish. I'll be in the Shop the 17 th of October, tying steelhead patterns from 6-8 pm.

With November almost completely booked and the later part of October full, now is the time to call if you have been thinking of booking a steelhead trip. My fly boxes are full and the boat is ready for some steelhead!!

Take a look at my photo's page ,I've posted some new Bass shots of this summers trips, enjoy
It was a truly fantastic season for smallmouth and Muskie.
Thanks for having a look
Cheers
Ken

No comments: