Monday, March 23, 2009

Fishing Report March 02 2009- March 23 2009









Still in the Garage/shop



Here are some photo's of what I've been doing.

Ever steam bend 3/4 inch oak?? It isn't fun. I've

done this enough that I know the importance of a

good jig!! This one is huge and stout, good thing

as I had to stand on it to bend the oak!! The temps

is over the minimun of 212, but the shop was full of

the scent of cedar.. nice!!

After doing the New fly fisher, Colin gave a few

ideas that would improve the boat for anglers

needing more space... okay he just got frustrated

trying to move around... so I changed things

with his comments in mind... some anyway.

The rear angler now has 8 inches more floor

space. I've also made the oak brace 8 inches

taller... no more trying to get around them

with your knees.













Lots if changes with the boat.. lower sides, new dry boxes,

gunwales blah blah blah..I wish I would have this done earlier

so I can get out and do some fishing. I should have the boat

done in 3 weeks, I'm sure you have heard me speak about the

things I should have done when building... well most of those

"things" are done!! I've managed to weight most of what I cut out... over 80 lbs of plywood and glass... the boat should come

in at less than 300lbs!! I'll have to take it to the dump again for a true weight.






We still have plenty of snow in the bush.

With any luck... keep your fingers crossed!! We

will have plenty of water and a good amount of fishing

(Steelhead ) this season.

My May is almost done, if you had planned to book

this spring, I have only 3 days open.



I'm watching my New Fly Fisher show right now... like most people say

" we are our own worst critic" I'm very happy with the show...

I should have shut my mouth.. would have been a better show!!!

Look forward to hearing some feed back, I have no idea

when it will air so you'll have to watch all the shows..

too bad eh???



I'm looking forward to the guides I have booked for early June.

The Drake hatch on the Saugeen lasted almost 3 weeks last year.. should be excellent dry fly fishing.



Back to the shop. Thanks so much for checking out the blog!!


I also need th thank my wife Valery, without her support, I wouldn't be doing what I love... so Thank you sweetheart, all you do is very appreciated. I love you!!

Ken














1 comment:

Mark Le Blanc said...

Ken, looks and sounds like the boat is shaping up nicely. Being able to drift in even more shallow water will same you some stress on the water. I'm sorry we aren't drifting with you this year, but hopefully we'll see you next year. Good luck with the boat and have a great season!
Cheers,
Mark