Monday, August 20, 2007

Fishing Report Weeks of Aug 1 - Aug 20 2007

I know I know...update the Blog!!!!
This has been one of the best Months I've had! Thank you to all that have booked a wade or drift boat trip!
The cooler nights are a welcome relief, to all species in this part of Ontario. The Upper Saugeen has very little water, can't imagine how the Brookies are surviving in this drought.
The Rocky Saugeen, with it's heavy tree cover, has been at better temps but I will not fish the River until the water cools. Val and I often make a trip down the road to let Sulfur cool down and do some fishing on her own...(mostly for frogs). We have seen Trico's, Olives and Mahogany dunns, with some trout feeding very close to dark.

The Grand's trico hatch has started, but be ready to be on the river in the dark. We fished it today (Aug 20) with dunns and emergers in the early hours, then to spinners after 9:00 am.
Some good fish rising, but nothing huge. It's challenging fishing at best and a lot of fun.

The Notty is still very low, running at 70 degrees, we really need some rain! The cooler nights might start bringing in more fish. Lets hope for larger Salmon this year!

I'll be out for the next 3 days, I'll post a report early next week.
I'm Drifting for smallmouth and muskie and am sure we'll have a good week.

Tired of fishing low water for picky trout??
Why not give me a call and try some hard fighting smallies.
Tight lines
Ken

No comments: