Monday, September 03, 2007

Fishing Report Weeks of Aug 20- Sept 4 2007

Smallmouth Fishing has been outstanding!!
The Saugeen continues to produce some truly huge fish, Mike can attest to that with one of the largest fish I've ever had in the boat! I'll post the photo when I get it from Mikes camera.
The Maplehill Dam continues to be a problem with the flow changes as drastic as a 2 foot drop within minutes. The Rainbows have been showing up in really good numbers in the Saugeen feeding heavily as they head to the lake. I've also seen some good sized Browns feeding on Dries in some areas.
The Rocky has had a good Hex hatch the last few evenings. Super tough fishing with all the growth in and around the River. These big flies bring out the best of the best in the Rocky!
That's all I'm going to say.
Still waiting for the Nooks in the Notty to be in catch able numbers. Fished it a few hours last week with nothing to show for it. The flow is okay,lots of guy's looking for the fish but nothing to be seen. I'll post another update as I will be on the Notty again this week.
My Steelhead season is going to be crazy with very few days still open.
If you have been thinking about getting into the drift boat with me this fall,better get an email off soon.
We are in the last month of trout fishing.Get out and have some fun as it's a long winter without resident trout fishing.
Tight Lines
Ken

No comments: